My apologies for the lack of posts! I have a huge amount of catching up to do so this post will mostly be a huge photo-dump.
|photo by Chris Knight|
A Cotton Ballgown?!?! I was so sick and tired of fighting with the cartridge pleats in my Romantic Era that I went out and bought a bolt of muslin and created an 1860's ballgown based on a dress I saw on Pinterest.
|The finished Lady Sybil Pants|
Most of the pattern for the bodice was taken from the Laughing Moon pattern and the pants themselves are just large rectangle with the crotch shaping from some bloomers. The bodice is pretty heavily boned and closes in the back with hooks and eyes. The decoration on the bodice is actually where most of the work is. The costume on Downton was made using vintage trim, so I did my best to replicate it with a bunch of appliques cut from a larger lace-y panel. The belt is a strange metallic ribbon and there's beaded edging on the bodice.
Progress on the Romantic Era: It has a bertha now and a bunch of other things. At this point I just need to sew on a lot of hooks and eyes and then starch and iron ALL the underthings.
|I ultimately decided against lace|
Bonus shot of my and my totally intentional twin at the ball