Monday, May 5, 2014

Beauty Blogging: Drugstore Lipstick Review

I'll admit it, I have no self control in the drugstore. I go in for hair elastics and leave with hair elastics, 3 tubes of lipstick and some sponge rollers. There's something about the huge amount of choice in lipstick that makes me want to buy them. So here's some reviews of my newest buys.

From left to right: Revlon Creme Love That Red, Maybelline Vibrants On Fire Red, Wet n Wild Purty Persimmon. So there you have it; two red and an orange


Holy persimmon-orange Batman!
I prepped my lips with chapstick and red lip liner and set to work.

On Fire Red:
Cost: about $9
The Verdict: A nice blue based red. I was a little disappointed because it looked brighter in the tube but overall a good red for evening wear. It's a bit too dark for me during the day. I went on nice and smooth, although it took two coats even over lip liner. 

Purty Persimmon: 
I didn't have any orange liner so no liner here
Cost: $3 so it was an experiment
The Verdict: Meh. I actually applied it once and wiped it off before applying again. The first application it went on really waxy and gross, and I had to press really hard. The second time around it was a little easier to apply although still not the best. I like the color but it really wasn't the tawny 30s orange I was looking for, but I guess you can't expect much from $3 drugstore lipstick. Probably reserving this one for modern outfits. 

Love That Red:
Cost: $9
The Verdict: My favorite of the bunch! It went on smooth and had a really nice vibrant color. Basically what I expected On Fire Red to be. I usually hear people raving about Fire and Ice from Revlon but I have to say I'm partial to this one. Great vintage red. 





No comments:

Post a Comment